Dental office sterilization
Your health and safety is our primary concern. That’s why our office has proper controls and precautions in place to protect our valued clients and staff including strict protocols in cleaning dental instruments and dental office sterilization. We practice high levels of infection control to provide you with the highest quality of care in the safest possible environment.
Ensuring your safety
Our staff is trained to follow and incorporate recommendations from the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
We use the latest dental sterilization equipment and machines, including dental autoclaves, dental sterilizers, and steam sterilizers. Using these devices to clean dental instruments kills viruses and bacteria by applying pressure, steam, and heat.
Additionally, we ensure surfaces are safe and clean by:
- Requiring gloves and face masks
- Ensuring disinfectant hand soap is available throughout the office
- Using disposable materials whenever possible
- Cleaning surfaces with chemical disinfectants
- Sterilizing equipment between each use
You’ll see our team following these protocols during your visit. All of our clinical staff will be wearing gloves and masks during examinations and procedures. These materials will be discarded after every use, and all surfaces in exam rooms will be cleaned and sanitized with EPA approved chemicals.
Most, if not all of the materials we use are disposable and safely discarded after each use. This includes gloves, face shields, masks, and gowns, as well as items used in the exam itself, including gauze, brushes, and floss.
Our staff is expertly trained in best practices when using and handling disposable materials, ensuring they’re properly stored, used, and disposed of.
Instruments that cannot be discarded are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before and after each use. We follow the process below to ensure proper dental sterilization practices are followed:
- Clean – All instruments are thoroughly cleaned before being packaged. Ultrasonic cleaners are used, which ensure all bacteria, germs, and debris are completely removed.
- Package – Once clean, instruments are wrapped in sterilization pouches.
- Sterilization – Once safely packaged, instruments are sterilized using FDA approved dental autoclave sterilizers.
- Disinfect – After every use, all surfaces and machines are thoroughly disinfected using EPA approved surface cleaners.
Once cleaned, packaged, and sterilized, instruments are safely stored until ready for use. Our dental sterilization protocol follows best practices and makes sure that a sparkling smile is your only concern when visiting our office.
Our commitment to you
Your trust and confidence that we are providing you and your family with the safest environment possible is the foundation of our practice. That’s why our staff undergoes meticulous training in cleaning protocols to make sure that they practice the most current techniques.
Our systems and procedures are updated frequently following the guidance of the American Dental Association and the CDC. If you ever have questions for us, just ask! Our team will provide you with detailed information about the steps we take to protect you and your family from viruses, bacteria, and infectious diseases.
We look forward to seeing your smile!